Hey guys I am having some trouble posting the results journal for some reason. I will post it sometime this week! thanks for being patient with me! Update 7-1-2013:
For those of you who couldn't submit your entries to the Memory Contest folder, I have edited the settings so that you can now submit your pieces without a problem!!! I am so sorry for the inconvenience!
On a side note it is so nice to see all these great memories flooding my inbox! I can't believe the contest is already coming to a close. But because of this little problem with the folder, I am going to allow submissions until Friday, June 5th
. That is the day I will be posting the results of the contest and my final decision regarding SMOCT. Thanks so much guys! I hope to see more from you soon! Update 6-28-2013:
Alright guys we have a lot of good entries so far, but lets keep it up! There are still a few more days left of the memory contest! So don't give up on your entries just yet. If anyone needs a little more time I would be happy to give it to them, but remember the contest can only last as long as the group has it's "super group" status, so time is limited. Thank you guys so much! I can't wait to see what you submit! Update 5-28-2013:
Someone suggested putting together a collage/montage of your own work that had to do with SMOCT/Sailor Moon, that is also acceptable for the contest!
It's that time of year again when SMOCT comes back to town! Traditionally this is the time when audition comics are being made and the admins are rushing to get everything reorganized for the next year... However, this year I am afraid that this will not be happening, because last year the tournament did not end. It was stopped, and this year will not be continuing as planned. Well, at least, not the same way as it did before.
This year I have something different in mind, something smaller. Because SMOCT still has one more month of "Super Group" status, I have decided that it is fitting to have a contest during this last month. No, this contest is not a tournament, nor is it necessarily taking the place of the tournament. This contest is a test for the group, to see if all of it's members are ready to participate in SMOCT activities again, to see if this group is STILL a "group" anymore. Over the past few months I have been receiving many messages asking when SMOCT will restart, and I honestly still don't have an answer... but I am hoping that this contest will help me find an answer. The Contest: Your Favorite Memories
All participating members must submit a piece of art representing their favorite memory associated with SMOCT or Sailor Moon. Rules:
1. The submission can be any kind of art- a comic, poetry, a story, a collage of your past work, a song, a written submission, a video, a flash animation, a video game, 3-D art, anything else you can think of!
2. You can submit as many entries as you want!
3. Anyone can participate, new members or old! Even if you quit or were previously ban you can enter! As long as you promise to share a good
memory with the group.
4. Please don't submit anything controversial or rude to the group. Remember, there are still a lot of members a part of this group who will see what you post. Deadline:
The deadline is July 1st, but I may call it off sooner depending on how many entries we get. Prize:
Everyone is a winner
1. The main prize of this contest is your name and entry featured on the front page of the group, and EVERYONE who enters properly will receive this privilege.
2. I will personally create a piece of art and dedicate it to the artists with the most inspiring entries. Lastly
, at the end of the contest I will post my decision on what I plan to do with the group and whether I choose to continue the competition, start a new group, or close this group entirely.
Thank you for your patience, I can't wait to see what you submit!